Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Our dear Granny !!

Me and all my cousins call my grandma "thotha" donno who came up with it first ..Since i was the eldest i believe the name was coined by me. Being the eldest i have always been the most pampered in my large family .Summer holidays used to be fun when our grandma would tell us stories abt my mom and my aunts and uncles it used to be fun listening to what a close knit family we are and it influenced the closeness amongst the cousins.

There were tons of stories shared , I love the part when i was decieding my career path , my granny said she was only 4th Pass ,but knows a lot about life .she told me "No matter how successful you are in terms of your career , fame and money if you fail to maintain balance in personal life its all not worth at all".
Every thing she knows , Food receipes, home made medicines are learnt by sharing with friends and family . Loving family no matter how odd they are matters in the long run , all five fingers are never the same we need to understand each one has its own use and we need every finger to help us move anything .
She said having worldly knowledge is more important than bookish
I did not give it a thought back then as i was young and more influenced by friends than family.
Today my first priority is family as i have realised if i ignore my personal life or my health , my company doesnt look after me its my family and in every difficult situation ,my colleagues can empathise but wont wipe away my tears. One of my colleagues' death had a very strong influence for this reality to sink in .

No comments: